Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Madness Circus of Coulrophobes Week 2



The Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors 

Episode 2: 1.5 Points (clown, clown poster)

Episode 5: 1 Points (clown poster)

Episode 6: 1.5 Points (clown, clown poster)

Episode 7: 1 Points (clown poster)

Episode 9: 1.5 Points (clown, clown toy)

Episode 11: 1.5 Points (clown, clown media)

Episode 12: 1 Points (clown on cereal box)

Quality of the Simpsons Halloween episodes varies overall but has declined in my opinion over the years. I'm working my way through all of the episodes as my daughter really loves them, I'd probably have stopped by now otherwise.


Sunday October 9th

Something Wicked This Way Comes (1983)

I'm a big fan of the darker stuff that Disney put out around this time. These are the kind of movies that molded me into the horror fan I would become. It also helps when a movie is as well made as this one.  4/5
Points: 6 (ATB carnival collects souls)



Chopped Junior (2016)

Kids had to cook the three courses using Halloween themed items like zombie skin and vampires blood.  2/5
Points: 1 



Halloween Baking Championship (2016)

I'll be posting a lot of these cooking shows as they are an easy way to get some base points while still entertaining my children. 2/5
Points: 1 



Poltergeist (1983)

Poltergeist is a defining moment in my fandom. It's one of a handful of films that introduced me to the genre, scared the crap out of me and had me looking for more. It still holds up. 5/5
Points: 6 (ATB clown doll attack)


Monday October 10th


Killjoy (2000)

It's real bad. I'm not even sure the ATB is worth it. .5/5
Points: 6 (Clown commits murder)


Judy (2014)

So Judy is the dog...I don't get it. Also, how can such a short movie feel so long? I watched it on the commuter bus and could barely stay awake. .5/5
Points: 6 (ATB clown murders another clown)


Halloween Wars Episode 2 (2016)

The same team won for the second week in a row, I'm not sure I agree. There were some pretty solid renditions of the creepy motels.
Points: 1


Trick or Treats (1982)

A little brat terrorizes his babysitter on Halloween. Parallel to that his father escapes from a mental institute by dressing up as a nurse. I can't tell if it's a horror film or a comedy, either way it fails in both. I've seen it before, and somehow I keep convincing myself that it's not as bad as I remember. 1/5
Points: 3 (Trick or treater is dressed as a clown)


Tuesday October 11th


Dark Ride (2006)

Ham from The Sandlot grows up and convinces his friends to spend the night inside of an infamous dark ride. If only the rest of The Sandlot cast were involved, would have been interesting to see them picked off on by one. 2.5/5
Points: 4 (Boardwalk amusement, dark ride)


Halloween Baking Championship Episode 2 (2016)

It's just not as entertaining as Halloween Wars, I'm not even sure why. Probably the lack in pumpkin carving.
Points: 1


Killjoy 2 (2002)

Wow, I think it's worse than the first one. The movie is 75 minutes long and it's 40 before we even see a clown. Then when he shows up, I just want him to go away. .5/5
Points: 6 (ATB clown commits murder)


Wednesday October 12th


Terrortory (2016)

An anthology film shot entirely in the woods of Maryland on a low budget doesn't leave much room for variation and so we mostly just get stories involving 2 or more people being murdered in the woods. The drone episode was probably the most fun. 2/5
Points: 6 (ATB clown commits murder)


Cake Wars Addams Family (2016)

That final winning cake was a pretty solid homage to the original comic strip.
Points: 1


Thursday October 13th

Trick or Treat (1986)

A lonely metal head accidentally reincarnates his favorite metal singer after he plays his record backwards. Electricity and 80's metal ensue. Still stands up. 3.5/5
Points: 3 (clown)


Friday October 14th


31 (2016)

It's terrible. All of it, terrible. Everything about it seems lazy and uninspired, which is an insult to his many fans who helped him fund it's production. 1/5
Points: 6 (Clown commits murder)



Trick R Treat (2007)

Easily in my top 5 favorite Halloween horror films. Never gets old, no matter how many times I watch it. 5/5
Points: 6 (One of the kids who is drowned on the bus is dressed as a clown)


Pacs Very Scary Halloween 

Pacman and his friends accidentally attend the wrong Halloween party, only to have Pacs brain swapped with an evil scientist. 2/5
Points: 2 ( 1 base point + character dressed as clown)



Saturday October 15th


Freaks (1932)

Watch it yearly around this time. My oldest daughter watched it with me for the first time and she was surprisingly engaged, though I'm sure that laughing out loud was not the effect they were going for when we see the state of Cleopatra at the end. 5/5
Points: 5 (real sideshow actors, traveling circus, clowns)


Killjoy 3 (2010)

It is an improvement, not that the bar was that high. Batty Boop is really annoying though, and I"m sure she's back for the 4th film, so I have that to look forward to. 1.5/5
Points: 6 (clown commits murder)


Tales From the Crypt: Strung Along

Zach Galligan is having an affair with a rich puppeteers wife so the two conspire to kill him. Unfortunately for them his favorite puppet decides to exact revenge. 3/5
Points: 3(clown doll attacks human)


Outside Event: Berry Scary Farm

My family and I go every year, there's a hayride, pumpkin patch, corn maze and a small kid friendly haunted house.
Points: 2


Mickey's House of Villains (2002)

A compilation of Halloween themed Disney cartoons. I was really hoping there'd be a clown in there somewhere but no luck. There are some fun segments though. 3.5/5
Points: 2


RL Stines Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls (2015)

A traveling funhouse pops up in a small town and begins collecting the souls of the local teenagers. An obvious update/ripoff of Something Wicked This Way Comes but a good introduction to horror for younger viewers. 2.5/5
Points: 6 (carnival collects souls)


Girl vs Monster (2012)

A teenager girl discovers that her parents are secretly monster hunters after she accidentally releases all of their captured monsters back into the world on Halloween night. There are way too many random song and dance numbers, but again a decent introduction to scary stuff for kids. 2/5
Points: 3 (clown)


Dolls (1987)

"Fuck you clowny!". Yep, pretty much. I don't know why anyone would want to fill their homes with porcelain dolls, but to each their own. 5/5
Points: 6 (clown doll attacks human)

Total Week 2 Points: 107

No comments:

Post a Comment